Funeral Speech Examples for a Heartfelt Eulogy
We hope our funeral speech examples will inspire you to write a heartfelt eulogy to honour your loved one.
Delivering a funeral speech can be a daunting task. Quite apart from the challenge of speaking in front of people while in a highly charged emotional state, the task of actually writing the funeral speech can be overwhelming, especially if you are in a state of shock from the grief of losing your loved one.
Further down the page there are links to various different eulogies to give you inspiration, but you can use the following simple guidelines as a eulogy format to help you to think of things to say:
Sales from links on this page result in a small commission to us, which enables us to continue to provide free content to help the grieving.
Guidelines for Writing Funeral Speeches:
- Speak from the heart and say how you feel about the person
- Describe the person's qualities
- Talk about their career, jobs, hobbies and passions
- Talk about their relationships with family, friends and colleagues
- Mention things that you inherited or learned from them
- Perhaps mention some people who will be at the funeral
- Mention a couple of funny stories if appropriate
- Keep it real and don't be afraid of mentioning their less good points - you don't have to put them on a pedestal
- Thank people for coming to the funeral and for their support
Eulogy Sample Speeches
Eulogy Examples for a Father
Sample Eulogy for a Friend
Eulogy for a Mother
Eulogy for a Grandmother
Free Eulogy Templates
Planning a Funeral - Step by Step
How to Deal with Grief
Grief and Sympathy Home
> Planning a Funeral
> Funeral Speech Examples
Have You Considered Online Grief Counseling?
Get Private and Confidential Help in the Privacy of Your Own Home
Do you feel alone and sad with no support and no idea how to move forward? It can be tough when you are stuck in grief to find the motivation to get the most out of your precious life.
Online counseling can help by giving you that support so you don't feel so alone. You can have someone to talk to anytime you like, a kind and understanding person who will help you to find meaning in life again, to treasure the memories of your loved one without being overwhelmed and to enjoy your activities, family and friends again.
- Simply fill out the online questionnaire and you will be assigned the expert grief counselor most suitable for you. It only takes a few minutes and you don't even have to use your name.
- Pay an affordable FLAT FEE FOR UNLIMITED SESSIONS.
- Contact your counselor whenever you like by chat, messaging, video or phone.
- You can change counselor at any time if you wish.
- Click here to find out more and get started immediately.
- Or read more about how online counseling works here.
- To be upfront, we do receive a commission when you sign up with Betterhelp, but we have total faith in their expertise and would never recommend something we didn't completely approve.
Sales from our pages result in a small commission to us which helps us to continue our work supporting the grieving.
Memorial Jewelry to Honour a Loved One
Check out our lovely range of memorial jewelry for any lost loved one. Pendants, necklaces, rings or bracelets, we have them all in all kinds of styles. Choose for yourself or buy as a sympathy gift.
Click here to see our selection
Hypnosis for Grief - 10 Ways It Can Help You
Try a gentle hypnotherapy track to relax the mind. Learn how self-hypnosis can help you cope with grief at any time of the day or night.
Read more about it here.
Create an Online Memorial Website
Honour your loved one with their own memorial website. Share photos, videos, memories and more with your family and friends in a permanent online website. Free for basic plan with no ads.
Find out more here.
HAve a Diamond Made to Honour Your Loved One
An authentic diamond can be made with your loved ones ashes or a lock of hair, in a beautiful range of colours to suit your style.
Click here to learn more.
Join us on Facebook for articles, support, discussion and more. Click 'Like' below.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive:
"The 10 Most Important Things You Can Do
To Survive Your Grief And Get On With Life"
Our free downloadable and printable document "The 10 Most Important Things You Can Do To Survive Your Grief And Get On With Life" will help you to be positive day to day.
The 10 points are laid out like a poem on two pretty pages which you can pin on your fridge door to help you every day!
All you have to do to receive this free document is fill in your email address below.
You will also receive our newsletter which we send out from time to time with our newest comforting and helpful information. You can unsubscribe any time you like, and don't worry, your email address is totally safe with us.