Songs for Funerals
Nowadays all sorts of songs for
funerals are chosen. It doesn't have to be a traditional hymn. What
was your loved one's favourite tune? Only close family will
know. Was it “Kumbaya my Lord” from youth camping holidays or
“What a wonderful world”? My nephew played the "Pink Panther" theme on his saxophone and we had some jazz at the end of the service for my husband, as it was what he loved.
“All things must pass” by George
Harrison was also sung by my son and a
great friend. Try to make it as personal as you can. A special
meaningful song that they would have enjoyed. It can be celebratory,
or just a song which has important memories. Here are some ideas to
perhaps jog your memory, but do try to chose something that will make
it a special goodbye.
All Things Must Pass by George Harrison
Don't be afraid to sing the funeral song yourselves
If you can sing the song, or have someone who can sing the
song for you, that is better still. It can be really hard to sing when you are full of emotion, but you will be happy that you did.
Otherwise, most funeral homes
and crematoriums have music sound systems these days and even some
churches will have them. You can play it safe and have the music on a sound system for support, but sing along with it.
- All Things Must Pass – George
- Song for Guy – Elton John
- Candle in the Wind – Elton John
- What a Wonderful World – Louis
- Somewhere over the Rainbow – Various
- Everybody Hurts – REM
- Bridge over Troubled Water – Simon
- I will always love you – Whitney
- Unforgettable – Nat King Cole
- Imagine – John Lennon
- Yesterday – John Lennon
- Goodbye my Lover – James Blunt
- Danny Boy - Various
- Morning has Broken – Cat Stevens
- Angels – Robbie Williams
- The Way We Were – Barbara Streisand
- Bright Eyes – Art Garfunkel
- Amazing Grace – Susan Boyle
- Tears in Heaven – Eric Clapton
- My Way – Frank Sinatra
- Unchained melody – Righteous Brothers
Click here for more song ideas and to listen to samples
Sheet Music for Funeral Songs:
Funeral Music - Instrumental and Choral
How to Stay Calm at a Funeral
Grief and Sympathy Home
> Planning a Funeral
> Funeral Songs
Have You Considered Online Grief Counseling?
Get Private and Confidential Help in the Privacy of Your Own Home
Do you feel alone and sad with no support and no idea how to move forward? It can be tough when you are stuck in grief to find the motivation to get the most out of your precious life.
Online counseling can help by giving you that support so you don't feel so alone. You can have someone to talk to anytime you like, a kind and understanding person who will help you to find meaning in life again, to treasure the memories of your loved one without being overwhelmed and to enjoy your activities, family and friends again.
- Simply fill out the online questionnaire and you will be assigned the expert grief counselor most suitable for you. It only takes a few minutes and you don't even have to use your name.
- Pay an affordable FLAT FEE FOR UNLIMITED SESSIONS.
- Contact your counselor whenever you like by chat, messaging, video or phone.
- You can change counselor at any time if you wish.
- Click here to find out more and get started immediately.
- Or read more about how online counseling works here.
- To be upfront, we do receive a commission when you sign up with Betterhelp, but we have total faith in their expertise and would never recommend something we didn't completely approve.
Sales from our pages result in a small commission to us which helps us to continue our work supporting the grieving.
Memorial Jewelry to Honour a Loved One
Check out our lovely range of memorial jewelry for any lost loved one. Pendants, necklaces, rings or bracelets, we have them all in all kinds of styles. Choose for yourself or buy as a sympathy gift.
Click here to see our selection
Hypnosis for Grief - 10 Ways It Can Help You
Try a gentle hypnotherapy track to relax the mind. Learn how self-hypnosis can help you cope with grief at any time of the day or night.
Read more about it here.
Create an Online Memorial Website
Honour your loved one with their own memorial website. Share photos, videos, memories and more with your family and friends in a permanent online website. Free for basic plan with no ads.
Find out more here.
HAve a Diamond Made to Honour Your Loved One
An authentic diamond can be made with your loved ones ashes or a lock of hair, in a beautiful range of colours to suit your style.
Click here to learn more.
Join us on Facebook for articles, support, discussion and more. Click 'Like' below.
Sign up for our newsletter and receive:
"The 10 Most Important Things You Can Do
To Survive Your Grief And Get On With Life"
Our free downloadable and printable document "The 10 Most Important Things You Can Do To Survive Your Grief And Get On With Life" will help you to be positive day to day.
The 10 points are laid out like a poem on two pretty pages which you can pin on your fridge door to help you every day!
All you have to do to receive this free document is fill in your email address below.
You will also receive our newsletter which we send out from time to time with our newest comforting and helpful information. You can unsubscribe any time you like, and don't worry, your email address is totally safe with us.